Abe's Green Smoothie
- 1 Lemon and 1 Lime half or quartered (if organic add peel)
- 2 Large Carrots (cut up)
- 2 Stalks Celery (plus tops) - cut up
- 1 Green Apple (preferred) - cut up and cored
- 1 inch Ginger (chopped)
- Fill the rest of blender with kale, spinach or arugula (use all three for more nutrients)
- Coconut water (or filtered water) to desired thickness
- 4 T Ground Flax Seed, 2T Chia or Hemp Seeds
Put in the Blender:
- For more creamy smoothie use any type of milk like coconut, almond, hemp, etc
- Blanch (emerge quickly in boiling water) and freeze greens to always have on hand.
- Other greens with more nutrients- beet tops, swiss chard, dandelion greens.
- Other favorites: avocado, cucumber, brussel sprouts, beets, any sprouts
Be brave and add any fruit or vegetables needing to be used up in the fridge. Although it may change the color to brown instead of green. If having memory problems add 1T Unrefined Coconut Oil + 2T MCT Oil