Abe's Green Smoothie
- 1 lemon and 1 lime peeled
- 2 large carrots (cut up)
- 2 stalks celery (plus tops) - cut up
- 1 green apple (preferred) - cut up and cored
- 1 inch ginger (chopped)
- fill the rest with kale, spinach or arugula (use all three for more nutrients)
- coconut water (or water) to desired thickness
- 4 TB ground flax seed, 2T chia or hemp seeds
Put in the Blender:
- Be brave and add any fruit or vegetables needing to be used up in the fridge. Although it may change the color to brown instead of green.
- For more creamy smoothie use any type of milk like coconut, almond, hemp, etc
- Blanch (emerge quickly in boiling water) and freeze greens to always have on hand.
- Other favorites: Avocado, cucumber, brussel sprouts, beets, any sprouts