Grandma Smith’s Chocolate Upside-Down Pudding Cake
- 1 C flour
- 1/2 t soda
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 1/2 C milk
- 1 square unsweetened chocolate
- 3/4 C nuts
- 3/4 C brown sugar
- 1 3/4 C hot water
- 1 1/2 square chocolate, cut finely
- 1 t vanilla
- Sift flour, soda, salt and sugar. Drop in oil. Add milk, vanilla and melted chocolate. Beat 150 strokes. Add nuts and blend. Spread in greased long pan.
- Combine finely cut chocolate, brown sugar and hot water in sauce pan. Cook, do not boil, over low heat for five minutes stirring constantly then pour
- over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream
- Serves 8 to 10 people.