Herb Cauliflower Rice Salad
- 1 large head of cauliflower chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut, avocado or olive oil (¼ for cooking, ¼ for dressing)
- 1 cup diced yellow or red onion or both
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup kale finely chopped (can use stems, finely chop and cook with onions)
- 1 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lemon zest and juice, add more if desired
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or more to taste
- 1 cup chopped dried cranberries or (dried cherries or apricots)
- 1 cup chopped roasted almonds or pistachio
- 1 cup shelled, steamed Edamame (optional)
- To make cauliflower rice, grate with box grater, or food processor and until rice consistency. (Not too fine or it becomes mushy)
- In skillet warm ¼ oil or more if needed, add onion & kale stems, sauté 5 mins until soft and translucent, add bell pepper, cook 5 more mins. Add cauliflower rice, and stir until softened but not mushy. Add chopped kale until softened.
- Transfer cauliflower mixture to salad bowl add parsley, mint, cilantro.
- Blend oil, lemon juice, zest and salt, pour over salad, add dried fruit and nuts and toss to combine, adjust salt to taste. Serve at room temperature.