Acorn Squash Stuffed with Cranberries, Wild Rice, and Chickpeas (Instapot)
- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt divided
- 3 small acorn squashes (1 pound each), halved, lenghtwise, stems trimmed, seeded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium shallot finely chopped, or 1/2 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves large garlic minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms finely chopped, cremini
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 cup toasted pepitas or chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves chopped
- To cook the squash in the oven instead of the Instant Pot: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Brush a large rimmed baking sheet with extra-virgin olive oil. Slice a small piece off the bottom of each squash half so level it will sit level. Set the squash on the baking sheet, scooped sides down, and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and carefully turn the squash halves over. Lightly brush them with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Return to the oven and continue baking until tender, 20 to 25 additional minutes. Stuff with wild rice–chickpea filling and enjoy.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat gently in the microwave or cover and reheat in the oven.
- Source: https://www.wellplated.com/instant-pot-acorn-squash/