Salsa Chicken Tacos (Instapot)
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 teaspoon ½ teaspoons Primal Palate Meat & Potatoes Seasoning or substitute 1chili powder + ½Diamond Crystal kosher salt
- 1 cup roasted tomato salsa (you can use the Salsa Roja Asada recipe from our cookbook or our app or just use your favorite store-bought salsa)
- Grain free tortillas or lettuce wraps if you want to keep this nut-free and Whole30-friendly!
- Arrange the chicken in a single layer in your pressure cooker.
- Sprinkle the seasoning on both sides of the chicken, making sure to rearrange the pieces in a single layer on the bottom.
- Pour the salsa evenly over the chicken pieces.
- Lock the lid on the pressure cooker. If you’re using an Instant Pot, press the “Manual” or "Pressure Cook" button and the “—” button until the “30” on the display decreases to 7 minutes for chicken breasts and 10 minutes for thighs. If you're using bone-in thighs, you should increase the cooking time to 15 minutes. (For those of you using a stovetop pressure cooker, crank the heat to high to bring the contents to high pressure. Once high pressure is reached, reduce the heat to low, or just enough to maintain high pressure. Set a timer for 6 minutes for breasts and 9 minutes for thighs.)
- When the chicken is finished cooking, immediately release the pressure manually. To deal with all the released steam, I position my Instant Pot below the stovetop exhaust vent before I turn the valve.
- Remove the lid right away and transfer the chicken to a bowl to prevent overcooking.
- Use two forks to shred the chicken. Taste the cooking liquid and adjust with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Pour the cooking liquid on top of the chicken and toss well to coat.
- Serve on top of your favorite grain-free tortillas or on lettuce wraps. Garnish with your favorite taco toppings and dig in!