Acorn Squash (Instapot)
- Carefully cut your squash in half down the middle.
- Use an ice cream scoop or spoon to remove the seeds from your squash halves.
- Place steamer basket into your Instant Pot along with your 1/2 cup of water.
- Add your squash halves to your Instant Pot and lightly sprinkle with sea salt.
- Close lid, set pressure valve to sealing, set to manual (high pressure) for 5 minutes.
- Perform a quick release of the pressure immediately after the cooking program finishes.
- Use a fork to pull out your cooked squash from it’s shell, or allow to cool and remove meat by hand and enjoy!
- Note: For firmer squash, reduce cooking time to 4 minutes. For softer, delay your quick release time by a few minutes.
Baked Acorn Squash
Take a sharp paring knife and score the insides of the acorn squash halves in a cross-hatch patter, about a half-inch deep cuts.
Place the squash halves cut side up in a roasting pan. Pour 1/4 inch fo water over the bottom of the pan so that the squash doesn't burn or get dried out in the oven.
rub a half tsp of butter into the insides of the half. Sprinkle with a little salt if you are using unsalted butter. Crumble a TB of brown sugar into the center of each and drizzle with a tsp of maple syrup.
Bake for about an hour to an hour 15 minutes, until the tops of the squash halves are nicely browned and the squash flesh is very soft and cooked through.
When done, remove them from the oven and let them cool for a bit before serving. Spoon any buttery sauce over the exposed areas.