Black Bean and Sweet Potato Turkey Chili (Instapot)
Servings 16 people
- 1 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 1 medium onion diced (any color)
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1-2 jalapenos minced
- 20 ounces ground turkey breast
- 8 ounces mushrooms minced (about 2 heaping cups)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes peeled and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 28 ounce can tomatoes not drained
- 2 15 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 32 ounces beef broth one box/carton
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree ) make sure you're not using pumpkin pie filling :
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- optional: sour cream sliced avocado, chopped cilantro or green onion, and fresh lime juice for serving
- 1. Saute olive oil and onion.
- 2. Add garlic and beef. Brown
- 3. Add the rest of the items.
- 4. Set Instapot to 10 min, high pressure, using the manual setting.
- 5. Pressure release naturally. Let sit for 10-15 min to thicken. Season with additional salt to taste. Can freeze when cooled.