Chickpea Avocado Salad
- 2 oz x 14cans chickpeas drained & rinsed*
- 1.5 lbs cucumbers cut into bite size pieces
- 1.5 lbs tomatoes cut into bite size pieces**
- 3 medium ripe avocados diced**
- 1/4 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro finely chopped, dill or parsley
- 1 large lime or lemon juice of
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt*
- Ground black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients and gently stir to combine. Serve cold.
- Store: Refrigerate in an airtight glass container for up to 24 hours.
Make Ahead: You can make this salad up to 1 day ahead, if you add oil, salt and pepper immediately before serving. Just make sure to pour lemon/lime juice on avocados or dice avocados before serving.