Gingerly Fruit Salad
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups thinly sliced fresh ginger unpeeled
- 4 cups fresh fruit (honeydew peaches and berries of your choice, slided into bite-sized pieces)
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves
- Heat water in a large saucepan over medium high heat.
- When water reaches a full boil, add sugar and ginger.
- Stir, lower heat to medium and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove ginger.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and chill for 2 hours.
- Toss with fresh fruit and chopped mint leaves.