Pressure Cooker Crispy Potatoes
- 1 pound fingerling or Yukon Gold potatoes peeled and cut into uniform 1 – 1½ inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons of ghee or favorite animal fat
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- cup ¼minced chives or Italian parsley optional
- Juice from ½ medium lemon optional
- Add ½ cup of water (or the minimum recommended by the manufacturer) to the cooking insert of an Instant Pot or 6-quart stove top pressure cooker fitted with a steamer insert. Dump in the potatoes.
- If you’re using an electric pressure cooker like an Instant Pot, simply press the Manual or Pressure Cook button and program it cook for 5 minutes under high pressure. Lock the lid, with the valve in the sealing position and let the Instant Pot do it's thing.
- When the potatoes are done cooking, turn off the Instant Pot and let the pressure release naturally (~10 minutes). Instant Pot users can manually release the pressure manually at the 10 minute mark if the pressure hasn’t completely dropped by then. You can fry the cooked potatoes right away or refrigerate them in a covered container for up to a week.
- Melt the ghee or butter over medium high heat in a large skillet. Once it starts sputtering, carefully add the potatoes to the pan.
- Season generously with salt and pepper. Leave the potatoes undisturbed for 1 minute before flipping to brown the other side for an additional minute.
- Squeeze on the juice from half a lemon and toss with fresh chives or Italian parsley.