Johnston Co, N.C.
p174 Bk V1 Ind. md 25 Feb 1796 bet James Hinnant & Wm Sasser both Johnston Co - land both sides Little Buffalo Swamp, beg stake on John Newsom's line east to maple on Abel Sasser line so to his corner east to Wm Sasser line Abel Sasser corner, then So to Jesse Kirbys line west along his line -- to beg 150 a
Abel and Arthur Sasser Feb term 1796
p184 Bk V1 - 1 Sep 1797 bet. Wm. Sasser , Esq., High Sheriff of Johnston Co & John Stevens Jr. by w. ret. May Term 1797. 1/2 a. lot between town of Smithfield of estate of Henry Gray purchased of John Smith, Sr.
Robert Gulley jr. Aug term 1797
Ben Pryour 6.3.6.
p185. 11 Sept 1797 Bet John Sevens Jr and William Sasser. 1/2 acre same above lot 69
John Pool Aug Term 1797
p203. Wm Sasser Sher.: for debt to Bryan Matthews and Haudy ag John Fails - 3 negroes - Josiah Blackman highest bidder 20 Mar 1797.
p283. Sheriff est of Henry Strudivant 29 May 1797.
Bk V1 p321 - Ind. made 27 Nov 1797 bet Wm Sasser Johnston and Abel Sasser same. land on N. Little Buffaloe swamp two pieces -one part of a grant 175a total
ted. Henry Sasser, Wm Sasser - Nov term 1797
4805 FNCJ1g pt6
p232 William Sasser of Johnston Co NC for love and affection for my son Henry Sasser chattals Jesse Sillivant 19 Mar 1814 Wm Sasser his mark
Michael X Odam Feb term 1815
p277 1st Nov 1812 bet William Sasser Johnston and William Whittington £50 land in Johnston both sides to Black Creek - near Mirey Branch 100a. grnt fr. State to Miles Brooks dtd. 30 Dec 1779
Burt Blackburn Aug Term 1815
p309 - 27 June 1815 bet. Elizabeth Sasser (Josiah's daughter) of Johnston $125 to Lewis Sasser (Josiah's son) all rights to land descending to me from estate of Brother William Sasser (Josiah's son) decd
Isaac Williams Elizabeth X Sasser
Elizabeth Blackman (1/2 sister) Nov Term 1815
p112 2 Mar 1812 bet Wm Whitington & Wm Sasser for $100. land in Johnston on Steephill Br. join on east the Caprefair Road. Beg. on Wm. Smith lines N-E to Ridge Cart Path south to Mary Wilders line west to beg. 150a
James Whitenton William Whitenton
William M Wilder May 1817
p171 #2073. Grnt Henry Sasser 75a.
Beg at Thomas Kirby line so. to Kirby's corner E to Kirby corner to Thomas Atkinson line
23 May1815 Reg 30 Sept 1817
110. Agreemen between Sampson Edwards and Michael Herring - land on n side Moskeson Swamp being pt of survey granted to Henry Raines - to pine in Ambrose Raines line est. 200a 5 Aug 1800
214. 27 Feb 1800 bet. Thos. Kirby and Henry Sasser, land both sides of head of Black Creek adj. Wm Sasser. Sasser line beg Black Jack corner in the Grant runs south 140 p. to a stake, a corner agreed on the et sd. Thomas Kirby plus Henry Sas in prinpal line west 15 p to pine agree corner N. 140 p. to red oak E to beg 100a
Wit: Wm Sasser, Thomas Kirby, John Sillivant
#215. 23 Feb 1801 bet. Wm Sasser and Henry Sasser, £200 4 tracts of land all joined together:
1st grnt taken dtd 21 Oct 1782 beg at Black Jack Rd runs in 160 p to pine at head of Long et. with line to Huckleberry Br to Maple a. corner agreed in principal line so along Br. to mouth of Buffalo swamp down swamp to gum in swamp. So to Maple a corner on grnt East to beg cont. 125a.
2nd g. laden out dtd 16 nov 1790 on Buff. Swamp
Jesse Kirbys line
3rd 18 Dec 1799 beg pine wa poles to stake along with north line of swamp corner ag. up swps to Black Gum corner agreed E. to beg 50a
4th Abel Sassers. corner S108 p to stake-East 36 p to pine in James Rentfrow's line - to line N 66p to pine - to stake E.9 p to stake S. 34 p to pine E 45p to James Brown corner N 49p to Black Jack N Michael Odams line West 145 to Oak to corner agreed dtd bet Wm Sasser and Niel Rentrfrows principal line to beg 50a,
to all interests and purposes as appears on indefeasable Estates of Inheritance in fee simple (inherited land) (Ownership land with unrestricted rights of disposition.)
335 a. William Sasser Feb term 1801
Film 4805.FNCJ1g pt 7
321. 27 Nov 1797 bet Wm Sasser of Johnston & Abel Sasser same for $30 2 prc land in Johnston Co - N side Little Buffalo - 1st big pine suns S 56 p to black ... in edge of Swamp - down sup. west 80 p to Maple at edge of Bk. Swamp n. 156 p to pine East 196 to stake in Meadow S 100 p thence to last st. 2nd pt. being pt of grant beg at pine East to Maple nr Huckleberryby act Br. down Buffalo to bth ... N 56 p to beg both parcels cont 175 ac
334. 12 Oct 1797 bet Wm Sasser & Arthur Sasser for £10 land in Johnston on Wilson Swamp above Wid. Keens adj. Solomon Watson line Beg at lightwood Stump E 40p to Red Oak. N 110 p to post oak 2 120 to pine S110 to Solom Waters line then E to beg cont 150a being part of gnt to sd. Wm Sasser of 9 Oct 1783
wit. Henry and Ann Sasser
282. 11 Nov 1797 bet Arthur Sasser & Obediah Waters £30 land in Black Creek. Beg at Maple on Black Crk runs S61 pts Oaks - W232 poke to the corner on a pine - N48 pole to bay on sd cr. down dr to beg cont. 75acres be part of grnt of 156a
Arthur X Sasser
Henry & Joseph Sasser
363. #1221 grant beg a pine on James Watson & Alex Keens corner 2 Caven p to stake in Wm Sasser Junr west with his line past line 168 pr to pine N 162 pole to corner pine then with line to beg.
film 4805 fnc J1g pt 6 Bk W1
137. Ind 13 May 1797 bet Wm Sasser esq and Caleb Penny - land held by Price - sold to pay debt due Penny. 1796 250 a.
Book Z1 pt 7 - 190. Ind 9 Feb 1799. bet Joseph Atkinson & Wm Sasser for £25 - land 75 a being part of grnt to Atkinson 26 Oct 1798
Jno Stevens Jr.
EllickXGreene Feb 1799
235. 7 Feb 1799 bet. William Durham & Wm Sasser 20S. land nr Black Mingo joining land bought by me at Public sale prop of John Connely
Adm. for Aggy Lynch
Bry Smith Wm Durham
Jn Smith Jr May 1799
8. #1724 505 per 100 a pd by Wm Sasser
100 a beg at stake on Abel Sasser corner S- a pine on James Rentfrows line - to James Browns corner - to Michael Odams - to Lewis Grices corner - to Noel Rentfrows line
Entrance 2 Mar 1797
Reg 14 Oct 1801
10. Wm Sasser Sr. 92a both S of Buffalo Swamp
Wm Hinnants line entered 7 Mar 1797.
Wit. Benj. Williams 18 Dec 1799. reg 14 Oct 1801
170. I John Pool sr. appoint my friend Wm Sasser my atty - for negro man disappeared 10 Sept 1794 reg Feb session 1802
a2 pt 7
42. Jesse Slocumb Gdn Nancy, John and Henry Sasser (Heirs of James Sasser)
43. Miss Nancy Sasser acct with Slocumb
44. John Sasser (minor) acct with Slocumb
45. James Henry Sasser (minor) acct with Slocumb
Philip Hooks next ....
306. John Sasser 6 Nov 1819 Feb ct 1820
315. sale of of Sasser property 25 Nov 1819, by Nath. Pike $702.09 acct. Nov 1821 ...
356 Nancy Sasser by Jesse Slocumb Aug 1820
John (minor) by Jesse Slocumb
26 Feb 1820 Pharabe Sasser
2 so Rhodreck & James Tart Sasser land
Harriet Cook (sister?)
my 4 ch. Rhodrick Mehala Arcadeth James
Benj. Boswell, Rhodrick Entries
wit: Nathan Pike May 1821
film 4983 fnc 4a pt 4
322. 11 Nov 1797 bet Wm Bateman of Johnston & Joseph Sasser land both sides Scull Meadow br beg at stakes on his own corner in John Speevys line W to John Pearce's line to Everett Pearce's corner 250a.
Wit: Henry Sasser
Arthur X Sasser Nov 1797
334. 12 Oct 1797 bet Wm Sasser and Arthur Sasser - land on Wilson's Swamp above Widow Keen's adj Solomon Watson 150 at begn grant to sd Wm Sasser Oct 9, 1783
363. #1221, grant to Arthur Sasser - 200 a beg. James Watson & Alice Keens corner so. to Wm Sasser line 12 Nov 1793
Reg 14 May 1798
282 11 Nov 1797, bet Arthur Sasser of Johnston & Obediah Watson for £30 land on Black Creek 75a pt of Grant
Joseph Sasser Nov Term 1797 reg
444. 31 Aug 1797 bet Wm Sasser sheriff & John Moor. Estate of James Price.
film 4805 fnc J17 pt6