contributed by Wilma F.
- Large Plastic Bowl
- 6 cups lukewarm ater
- 2 TB dry yeast
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or honey
- 1/2 c shortening or oil
- 2 TB salt
- 6 cupes wheat flour
Mix until well blended (all above)
Let raise until spongy (double in bulk)
Mix down. Add 6-8 (or more)white flour until dough pulls away from side.
Kneed or mix 5 to 10 min. Put in pans, let raise until double in bulk. Bake 15 min. 450 degrees then 350 degrees for 15 more min.
To get a soft crust, bake for 45 min at 350 degrees starting in a cold oven. My family enjoys the bread better with the soft crust. It really works.
- 6 large eggs separated, ideally from pastured hens
- 1/4 cup organic grass-fed butter or ghee, melted
- 1 tablespoon MCT Oil plus extra for coating the pan
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder must be aluminum free
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon monk fruit sweetener
DIRECTIONS: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Separate the egg whites from the yolks. In a food processor blend the egg yolks, half of the egg white mixture, melted butter, and MCT oil until smooth. Pulse in the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder and salt until combined. The mixture will be thick.
Add the remaining egg whites and pulse until fully combined. Do not over-mix or bread texture will be tough.
Pour mixture into an oiled 8 x 4 loaf pan. Bake for about 30 minutes. Test with a fork to see if the bread is cooked through. Cool on a wire rack for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts: (serving size about 1 slice) Calories: 110 Fat: 9g Protein: 4g Carb: 4g Fiber: 2g
- 1/2 cup coconut flour and 1/4 each of almond flour & ground oat flour
- 6 eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup. pumpkin purée
- 4 Tbs. raw honey pure maple syrup, coconut sugar or (combination of 2 or all three)
- 2 tsp. cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
Preheat oven 350 and line 10 muffin cups or spray with coconut oil.
Stir together coconut flour and eggs until smooth paste forms. Stir in coconut oil, then pumpkin and honey. Add spices, cider vinegar and baking soda.
Bake 25-30 mins, until golden and top springs back when lightly pressed.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs separated
- 1/4 cup butter melted
Preheat your waffle iron.
Combine the flour and the ingredients through the brown sugar in a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, stir together the pumpkin, milk and egg yolks. Whip the egg whites in a separate bowl until soft peaks form.
Stir the flour mixture and the melted butter into the pumpkin mixture until just combined. Gently fold in the egg whites, about one-third at a time, stirring until incorporated. Cook waffles according to manufacturer's instructions.
adapted from All Recipes